Saturday 9 April 2011

God

A man asked Imaam Ja’far al-Saadiq:

((What proof can you give me that a creator for this universe exists?” The Imaam replied: “The creation is itself proof that a creator exists – do you not glance at a building and are certain that it has a builder, even though you have never seen him, nor have you witnessed its construction?)).

Abu Abdullah Daysaani once asked Imaam Ja’far al-Saadiq:

((Show me my Maker! The Imaam pointed to an egg and replied: This egg has a hard shell, beneath which is a thin layer and beneath this layer is a substance of silver and of golden colour – from a similar egg emerges different kinds of peacocks, all with various magnificent colours – do you see a designer for this product?

Daysaani contemplated deeply and thus repented by replying: I bear witness that there is no god except Allaah. He is the One, without any partner, and I bear witness that Mohammed is His Servant and Messenger and that you have been summoned by Allaah to lead mankind towards righteousness – I shall emerge out of my ignorance.)).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.