Wednesday 19 January 2011

Katie Price Confirms Split with Alex Reid

Katie Price has confirmed she has split from her husband of 11 months, cage fighter Alex Reid.

Price and Reid: ‘Issues too deep rooted’ she said

In a statement, the former glamour model admitted she had married too quickly, but blamed Reid, 35, for changing and becoming obsessed with fame.

She said: “Alex changed from the man I fell in love with and some of his behaviour became difficult for me to understand and caused issues.”

I am deeply upset that my relationship with Alex has failed but I know it is the right thing for my children and I that we separate
Katie Price’s Statement

She insisted they had tried to discuss the relationship and make it work, but said: “The issues between us are too deep rooted.”

Rumours of a split in the couple’s marriage have been around for some days but this is the first time Price has spoken out.

The 32-year-old said: “I had hoped that Alex and I could remain friends but I am not sure if that is possible given events since last Sunday when we were on the verge of releasing a statement.

She said she had agreed not to release the statement, at Reid’s request, but “a number of false stories” had appeared, along with pictures of Reid with her son Junior, which left her feeling “incredibly let down”.

“I am deeply upset that my relationship with Alex has failed but I know it is the right thing for my children and I that we separate,” she said.

Katie is slowly learning the massive cost of living in a media goldfish bowl where every triumph and disaster is laid bare for comment and judgment.
Kay Burley

Meanwhile, Reid is quoted in The Sun as telling friends he was upset by his wife’s friendship with boxer Amir Khan.

Price has three children – disabled Harvey with footballer Dwight Yorke, and two others, Junior and Princess Tiaamii by former husband Peter Andre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.