Saturday 22 January 2011

Ricky Martin To Star In Evita On Broadway

Ricky Martin to Star in Broadway Revival of Evita

Ricky Martin is heading to Broadway!

He’ll play the role of Che in the upcoming revival of Evita, starring Elena Roger.

The show, which is set to premiere in spring 2012, will be directed by Michael Grandage who says he was impressed when he first met Ricky.

Producer Hal Luftig says that he “was at the top of our wish list and we sort of went after him. Ricky is the perfect showman. He knows how to win over an audience. And fortunately for us, he has always loved theatre.”

In a statement, Ricky spoke about his excitement for the role:
“I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to perform on many of the world’s largest concert stages, but I’ve never lost my love for the intimacy of the theatre. I’m delighted to know that after I’ve had the chance to share new music and tour over the coming year, that I will then return once again to Broadway. I’m looking forward to playing such an essential part in Michael Grandage’s wonderful production and the chance to work with the tremendously talented Elena Roger.”

We think it’s a perfect fit! With a tour scheduled for the fall, Ricky is sure to have a very busy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.